Monday 11 July 2011

First WWOOFing place yay!

Hehe, Greetings from Cornwall!
We have been having a whale of a time. Carol and Tony are brilliant, they are so lovely to us, we feel so spoilt with the gorgeous food we have been having. They are so interesting too as they have done so many different things, I have thoroughly enjoyed talking about all the things that they have done over the years. Most of the time we have been helping Carol with the garden and animals.
These include two dogs, Minty (a blue marle type colouring Collie. There will be some piccys soon I just keep forgetting to take them) and Reaver (black brown and white Collie), who are the most fun and sweetest of collies. They both love to get involved (including Reaver biting streams of water from the hose hehe!) and follow you around until they are completely knackered! Minty is the quieter of the two and he is a real sweety, he always so happy to see people especially in the morning.
There are also two cats, Ginger and Jessica, Ginger as his name suggests is a big ginger tabby and Jessy is a grey, brown and gingery tabby/tortie and they are so friendly. It’s so funny if you don’t pay attention to them they will sit on the thing you are paying attention to! There are also two horses (Shadow and Rupert) which have been allaying most of my fears of horses, they are so good natured. I have spent both my mornings sweeping around them and giving Shadow attention and cuddles (I can’t cuddle Rupert otherwise Shadow gets jealous and pushes him around).
There are 4 sheep who I can’t remember the names of yet but I will. Emily and Alice are the goats, we have had lots of cuddles and strokes with Emily she seems to love attention and uses you as a scratching post if you stay still for any length of time hehe! There are also loads of chickens! The only ones that I can remember the names of are Mrs Black, Miss White and Jesus (the cockerel) apparently Jesus was named as such by previous WOOFers, due to his miraculous recovery from what looked like his demise as a chick! There are also four ducks who over two days have come to accept me as no longer a threat to their water antics hehe! It is possible in my tired state that I have missed a few, in fact I have just remembered the swallows, and although they are not considered pets we have been watching their nests over the last few days. They have used the inside of the stables as a perfect place to nest and have their babies.
Phew and that’s just the animals! We have also spent a lot of time in the garden. The first day we mostly got to know the animals and where everything was. But the second day we had a very chilled out Sunday, we pulled up potatoes and picked black currants and Gooseberries, and did bits and pieces with the animals. However, today we did a bit more, in the morning we helped with the animals, and then I attempted to poo pick the horses field, I felt like it used to at Nana and Grandy’s! Matt went and picked some more Gooseberries and helped Carol with a few things.
Then we went to help a lovely lady called Mavis with her garden (Carol helps her out as she can’t do as much as she used to), me and Matt weeded and straightened up the edges, which Carol said Mavis was really happy about, while Carol mowed the lawn. We then went to her next door neighbour, who has the most amazing vegetable garden, unfortunately we didn’t have the camera when she showed us around. I was really impressed with Carols garden, and this one was even bigger!
Blimey, I have written loads I had better go to bed but I will write again soon. Carol and Tony have given us permission to use their internet as long as we don’t download stuff, so I am going to ask if I can put some piccys on tomorrow! Anyways good night and hopefully write again tomorrow, sorry if grammar is a bit skewiff I am a bit tired hehe!
Byeeeeeeeee x x x x x x x x x x x

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're having a great time, we look forward to seeing all your pics when you have taken them and remember uploading pics uses as much as downloading stuff! Meanwhile, it's great to hear all your adventures! Love from Reb and Dadxxx

    ReplyDelete