Sunday 24 July 2011

Eden

Phew well we have been busy and I also feel like now would be a good time to write about Eden and graduation which I have managed to fail writing about. Well let’s start with Eden as this is in line with the whole WWOOFing blog element.
For anyone who hasn’t been to the Eden Project and is interested in permaculture and where our food really comes from, you must go! It was amazing I spent nearly the whole time in awe, a lot of the information I had picked up from being home educated but still it is amazing to see it all not just hear about it. Their way of spreading the word about needing to know about where our food and energy comes from is second to none. Everywhere were posters about projects they are involved in all over the world, and the biomes were awe inspiring aside from being the biggest greenhouses I have ever seen, the plants and trees that are growing inside them were huge and most of them you wouldn’t otherwise see in England. I didn’t know that we can actually grow bananas here in England! They had a whole row of them outside in the garden as well as in the biomes.
I am seriously looking forward to our next visit! I think I should mention that another reason that I enjoyed my visit was because Matt also proposed in the Mediterranean Biome hehe!
But anyway here are some of the pictures that Matt took there!
The giant bee! hehe!

The most amazing palm like plants, they are huge!

I don't know what this is but it was beautiful.

Part of the big rainforest biome

One of the waterfalls

Me and Carol in awe of the rainforest biome

Again not sure what it is but wow!

Peppers and a mystery plant

This ladies and gentlemen is how peanuts are grown! They are part of the root!

The big waterfall in the rainforest biome

The view from high up in the rainforest biome

These are bananas and on the right hand side is a lot of bananas growing hehe!

This is an Allium flower they are amazing and were in the border round the cafe at the biome

I just loved the sheer orangeness of this flower

This is more of the border around the cafe around the biomes

I can't remember what this is but I just loved the way that it was utilising the architecture as a climbing frame.

These were driftwood pigs surrounded by rosemary from the mediterranean biome.

The most beautiful blossom from the mediterranean biome

A prickly pear

Many varieties of the most beautiful sweet peas growing over lovely steel artwork

Some of the bicoloured sweet peas I especially thought the purple ones were lovely
This is a giant concrete seed which had to built solely at night as the carver had to use laser light technology as a template to carve the shapes

Here is proof that Matt was actually with me



This was the driftwood horse at the entrance to Eden

Anyway I better go as it is very late I shall write about my graduation another time, so byeee for now x x x

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    Happy Birthday Matt.
    kxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics and story. The graduation was brilliant and the family gained a monkey along the way. I wonder what you two will do on your next WWOOF? Love, Reb x

    ReplyDelete