Monday 20 June 2011

WWOOFing ......... at home?

Hehe, I have only just realised that me and Matt have really already started our WWOOFing journey it just took me a while to realise it. Matt and I have already made a swath of destruction and restoration in the garden. We are now really (mostly due to the extreme monsoon weather that we are currently having) getting the house back into shape. My Mum has got us starting with the hall (the house has three floors, so this is no mean feat), which has so far taken 3 days and we have only sanded, knotted and primed the woodwork and today after six hours of painting we have done the emulsion part. Only the ceiling and the gloss (x3 types, firstly the undercoat on the panelling, oil based gloss on the door frames and skirting and low VOC waterbased gloss on the rest!). Phew its seems a lot more to say than to do, however, I cannot wait to get back to it already even though it is 22:12 and I should probably be in bed due to the slight aches and lack of coordination due to being shattered! But before I go here are a few piccys from yesterday (there will be more in the morning when I can take some day time piccys of what we have been upto today).

We mostly painted the primer on the panelling in the hall but I missed the opportunity to photograph it, but it looks very much the same as the day before except the spots are a little less obvious. But I did get a few piccys from what I got upto in the garden while Matt went for a very long bike ride (I got a little restless).
Here is the part of the garden that we restored the other day, long ago in the days before Uni, my Mum and I cleared this little area, we then added some membrane over the bed and covered it in bark. Now over time this became over grown to the point where it was just a solid mass of weeds. So me and Matt restored it to its past glory (when we found the membrane was still intact, weeds had just grown over the top of it, and we then added some elderly bark from a bag we found in the garden. It now looks nice again and ready for more pots, the other pots contain two of our blueberry bushes that we wil be repotting soon.

 Now this is the Hydrangea root hub that I spent half an hour removing, years ago we tried to remove it to place newer shrubs in its space, however it came back and took over so I decided that it was time I took the lot out. I put the cat in for some scale, it felt a lot bigger when I was trying to remove it!

Here is the hole where the hydrangea once filled!

This is the new view through where the hydrangea used to be! you couldn't see over it before!

This is a piccy of the rest of the bed after it was weeded and more membrane and bark was added! The cherry tree now has no competition from the grass and hydrangea, although we have competition from the female blackbird who keeps eating the cherries!

Anyway, I better go now as sleep is beckoning me
Byeeee x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment