Saturday 11 June 2011

Exams, leaving jobs and moving house!

Phew it seems like so much to have done at once but we have done it! I have finally finished my exams with a huge sigh of relief and am now trying to fill my time with random bits of housework and helping out my family. Matt has left his job and with the help of Chris has transported all his stuff to Ilfracombe! It was one hell of a move, since the drive is incredibly steep and everything had to be lugged up the full length of the drive as well as up two flights of stairs! However, we have finally sorted most of the stuff into what can go and stuff to keep. The Matt and Dad (I have been banned from helping due to bossiness) are currently putting up a 6’ by 8’ shed to store our stuff while we are WWOOFing hehe!
I am currently working on a patchwork quilt that I started at Christmas, its eventually going to go on our bed but its not quite big enough yet and needs backing and stuffing. Me and my Mum have also been looking after a baby Jackdaw, it seems to have totally imprinted on my mum, she reckons as he has trouble using his legs he must have fallen from the nest. The parents were very protective but he was too young to regulate his temperature and was exhausted from lack of food. So we have put him in a cat carrier with my mum’s heat pad and she has been feeding him every hour and a half with cat food and water and he is fast perking up so far. We are having to be careful not to get to attached as he isn’t really out of the woods yet. But he is terribly sweet and completely unafraid of us and is very inquisitive.
Other than that all has been quite calm since the move, I am anxiously waiting for my results to come back on Wednesday. Since moving back home two of the four family cats have taken to sleeping in the two rooms we are staying in. Woogo (a tortie) is mostly found on the futon in the lounge area and Dodger can be found frequently on our bed.
Other than that, me and Matt have been helping clear the house of excess clutter and furniture for my parents, as my Mum is moving back from Winchester after having been there to do her MA in Creative writing. She is actually back, but my brothers are finishing their last few weeks at college and then we will bring them back in two weeks (and a whole 3 bed house worth of furniture). Me and Matt have also been tidying up the garden trying to get it back from the huge weeds that are trying to take over the garden while my mum has been away. The herb part of the garden is our main focus at the moment but will also be trying to weed the drive as it is smaller due to the weeds around the edges. I shall hopefully be putting some piccys of our progress tomorrow hehe!
Bye bye for now, Soph x x x  

No comments:

Post a Comment